Thursday, August 21, 2008

looking for participants in survey for islamic research

Survey Document for Potential Participants:

Assalamu Alaikum my Sisters in Islam,

My name is Hanifa Najjiyya. I am a Graduate student working on my Communication Masters at Eastern Michigan University. The purpose of this email is to invite your participation into my research agenda. My research topic has to do with the Spiritual Transitioning of African American Muslim Women in the 1960's and 1970's. If you fit this description and would like to participate in my research, please respond to this email. I am looking for 7-20 women who would like to share their stories from whence they came to `how's it going for you now' perspective. Based on the responses, I will, inshallah, contact all that fit the criteria for the study. Inshallah, please fill out the screening procedure on this page and return to:hnajjiyy@emich.edu. Thank you, and Jazakullah Khairun for your help.

Ma Salams,
Hanifa Najjiyya

Screening Procedure

1. Name______________________________________

2. Address____________________________________

3. Email Address____________________________

4. Age ________________

5. When (year) did you embrace Islam?____________________________

6. Where (city,state),did you embrace Islam?
_______________________

7. Were you socially active within your community
(college,university,neighborhood) prior to transitioning towards
Islam?
Please write yes or no.__________________

8. Did your transitioning (embracing Islam) change your social
voice in any way within your community?
Please write yes or no. ____________________

9. Would you be willing to share your perspective within the
research study?

Please write yes'or no._____________________

No comments: